General Adult Services
BRIEF EVALUATION AND TREATMENT (B.E.A.T.)
IT’S NOT ALWAYS EASY
Everyone faces issues that can have dramatic effects on their lives. People cope with them in many ways including support from family and friends, with inner strength, or spiritual guidance. But sometimes these issues can be overwhelming, and it’s not always easy for people to regain control of their lives. When something in your life or the life of someone you love becomes too much to handle, Edgewater will be here to help.
BRINGING BALANCE TO LIFE
For nearly 40 years, Edgewater has been providing help and hope in the lives of those who need it most in Gary and surrounding communities. Guided by professional experience, a focus on quality services, and a deep commitment to the community, Edgewater has established itself as a leader in providing quality lifestyle interventions through a full scope of behavioral healthcare services.
THERE’S A PLACE TO TURN
Edgewater offers a complete range of Adult Services that provide guidance and solutions to help clients work through difficult issues:
- Anxiety, Depression & Panic
- Death of a Loved One
- Surviving Trauma (rape, incest, abuse, accidents)
- Domestic Violence
- Anger and Impulse Management
- Living with Physical Disorders
- Marital & Relationship Issues
- Residential Treatment
- Case Management
- Outpatient Services
- Crisis & Emergency Treatment
- Consultation, Education & Assessment
EXPERIENCED, CARING PROFESSIONALS
The B.E.A.T. department is staffed by an experienced team of highly qualified, licensed professionals, including psychologists, social workers, therapists, and case managers. Together they provide psychotherapy, psychiatric consultations, inpatient acute psychiatric evaluations, stabilization, medication evaluations, and other treatments and services to help clients cope with the issues affecting their lives. Clinical staff includes board certified psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, doctorate and master’s level mental health professionals.
How we Help.
YOUR JOURNEY TOWARD RECOVERY BEGINS HERE!
- Screening, assessments, triage, and referrals as needed
- Delivering effective brief counseling utilizing Cognitive Behavior Techniques
- Linking clients to medical or specialty addiction treatment services, as needed
- Working with psychiatrists in ongoing care coordination
- Providing follow-up and recovery support services to clients
- Providing crisis intervention
Short term treatment services, when appropriate, may include crisis management, psychotherapy, psychiatric evaluation, prescription medication, medication monitoring, and case management.