Children, Youth and Family Services
THROUGH THE EYES OF A CHILD
Sometimes we don’t realize all the problems that children face. The pressure to fit in. Choices about drugs, gangs, and sex. Coping with divorce or abuse. Trouble in school. To a young mind, issues like these can be overwhelming. Appropriate support and treatment is essential in helping relieve distress and promoting healthy coping skills.
RECOGNIZING THE SIGNS
Early intervention for children and adolescents who are experiencing emotional or behavior problems can help increase success in school, at home, and in life. It’s important for caring adults to know when a child needs professional help. Warning signs include the following.
- Persistent sadness and crying, or hopelessness
- Anger that persists or occurs most of the time; overreactions common
- Refusing to attend or declining school performance
- Extreme fearfulness or excessive worrying
- Loss in interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Changes in sleeping or eating habits
- Using alcohol or drugs; excessive sexual thoughts or actions
- Repetitive habits and rituals
- Having racing thoughts, seeing things or hearing voices that cannot be explained
- Constant concern about physical problems or appearance
- Talk of suicide or worry about hurting others or doing something bad.
FINDING THE RIGHT SERVICE PROVIDER IS CRITICAL
For over 40 years, Edgewater has been providing help and hope in the lives of those who need it most. Guided by professional experience, a focus on quality, evidence-based services, and a deep commitment to the community, Edgewater has established itself as a leader in providing quality interventions that can lead to a promising future.
Edgewater’s Family, Youth and Children’s Services department is staffed by an experienced team of highly qualified licensed professionals including psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, therapists, and case managers. Together, they provide out-patient and/or home-based psychotherapy, psychiatric consultations, medication evaluations, and other treatment options and services to help children, adolescents, and their families cope with issues affecting their lives.
AVAILABLE SERVICES OFFER HELP AND HOPE
- Assessment, evaluation, and treatment planning
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Medication therapy/management
- Clinical support services
- Alcohol and substance abuse treatment
- Discharge planning
- Crisis intervention services
- Case management
- Home-based services